New blog --> http://2inc.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 24, 2005

As i read this passage

Ephesians 5:1-21

1Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children
As Christians.. we are to imitate God and not be God.. WWJD (what would Jesus do) and not what would I do.. not who we want to be but who God has created us to be; to live out our giftings, our potentials, our uniqueness..
How tough it would be for an artist to try to copy and live like a scientist.. trust me, I understand how it feels..
I have ever tried in my life to become like someone else, to do what was "in".. but it's so tough to always have to learn to be another..
but now I crave to be me.

6Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of such things God's wrath comes on those who are disobedient.
Let no one deceives you with empty words.. root yourself in the word of God. Let the word of God reveal to you the truth and the false.. do not trust in your own wisdom.. in the sight of God, it is foolishness.. How can you be able to detect falsehood foolproof when your mind is also filled with sinful thoughts.. do not allow ourselves to continue to live in denial and what we like to believe in.. stop allowing the devil to play with your mind.. an idle mind is a devil's workshop.. why allow the devil to manipulate you as his vessel.. be GOD's vessel, obey the word, follow the word, live the word!

8For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light
I truly thank God for bringing me into his kingdom. I am thankful to be able to serve God. I developed so much as a person as I serve. I thank God that I no longer live in a lie. I found my identity and security in the family of God.

10and find out what pleases the Lord.
sometimes what we think pleases the Lord may not.. we judge and evaluate at a different level with God.. but instead of letting us live according to our thoughts.. God gave us a bible to show us how He evaluates our work.. even on the outside we do the right things, God judges the attitudes of our work (how we do the work), the purpose of our acts (why we do what we do)... so all the time check our heart motives because what we do outwardly may not please the Lord even when it pleases man..
Same as salvation.. men think they are saved by what they do.. simply because it pleases them, it pleases men. But it's God that gives us the right to enter into heaven.. we don't get to enter to heaven because we think we will.. don't be deceived by the devil. Find out what pleases the Lord.

11Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness, but rather expose them.
13But everything exposed by the light becomes visible, '
14for it is light that makes everything visible.
Under the light (word of God).. all truths will be revealed.. the devil's schemes and God's grace.. when people are afraid to be corrected by the word, they are afraid of allowing the truths of God in their lives which will reveal their sins.
When we are right with God, we will not fear when people try to pry into our lives.. it is only when we sin in the dark, we are afraid to be exposed and shamed by it.
When we are right with God, we will not be afraid to share our lives with others openly, but it's when we sin, we tell half truths.

17Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home